Thursday, 8 December 2011

RobFord.ca, Old Rob Ford Website Hacked

RobFord.ca, Old Rob Ford Website Hacked
This website Robford.ca, which was Ford's website when he was a councillor,
The site was not hacked: It was once Ford's — from at least October 2007 — and showed his voting record and council expenses. The site's ownership was allowed to lapse and on Nov. 16 it was purchased by an unknown buyer. The website's new owner has changed the site several times throughout the day with various jokes about Ford, including placing him in a beauty contest against fictional soap opera character Bobby Ford and Jesse James-killer Robert Ford.


RobFord.ca, Old Rob Ford Website Hacked
The Huffington Post Canada First Posted: 12/ 6/11 02:11 PM ET Updated: 12/ 6/11 04:58 PM ET A site that once belonged to Toronto mayor Rob Ford is now redirecting visitors to the page of a notorious American outlaw.
Earlier in the day, visitors to Robford.ca, which was used by Ford when he was a councillor, got a message reading "Rob, We're Sorry" and then were redirected to the Toronto Star. The newspaper and the mayor are currently embroiled in a conflict over the mayor's unwillingness to send releases to the paper or speak to any Star reporters. The mayor is demanding an apology over a story on how the mayor allegedly assaulted a student he coached at high school football.
The mayor has an official site hosted by the City of Toronto and another site, RobFordForMayor.ca, which was used during the election campaign.
A search on the Wayback Machine shows that the site once hosted information on the mayor such as voting records and events in his ward.
In September, Twitter user Ben Spurr pointed out that the domain name had expired.
Spurr tweeted today that he demands "full credit!" for the subsequent gag.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford's former website takes digs at mayor
Tue Dec. 06 2011 5:41:46 PM |Sandie Benitah, cp24.com
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's former website was taken over Tuesday by someone who decided to have a little fun with the politician. Those responsible put up a message on a white plain screen before redirecting viewers to a local newspaper's website.
"Rob, we're sorry," the message says before automatically rerouting visitors to the Toronto Star. On the front page of the website is a story about low morale among city workers.
About an hour later, another message appeared on the site. This time, it referenced Robert "Bob" Ford, an American outlaw who killed gang leader Jesse James in 1882. Visitors were then automatically redirected to a Wikipedia entry.
A spokesperson for the mayor said they are looking into the situation. The site was last used when Ford was a city councillor in 2010. The domain name has since been taken over someone else, unknown to the Ford camp. The link to the Star could be related to the public fued between the paper and Ford that dates back to his election campaign last winter.
Ford and his brother Coun. Doug Ford have refused to give interviews to the newspaper after it ran a front-page story about an altercation he had with a high school student.
Ford has demanded the paper run an apology on its front page but the Star has stood by its story.
A spokesperson for the paper said Ford has blocked the Star from receiving any news releases having to do with city business. Last week, the Star filed an official complaint with the city's integrity commissioner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Ford site redirected to news nemesis
CBC News  Posted: Dec 6, 2011 4:07 PM ET Last Updated: Dec 6, 2011 9:22 PM ET Read 125 comments125
Someone in cyberspace apparently objects to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's plea that people stop reading a local newspaper frequently critical of his leadership.
The website Robford.ca, which was Ford's website when he was a councillor, took web surfers Tuesday to a mostly blank page that said, "Rob, we're sorry!!" before forwarding them to the web site of the Toronto Star — the daily newspaper that Ford refuses to speak to, does not send news releases to, and which he has asked Torontonians not to read.
The site was not hacked: It was once Ford's — from at least October 2007 — and showed his voting record and council expenses. The site's ownership was allowed to lapse and on Nov. 16 it was purchased by an unknown buyer.
The website's new owner has changed the site several times throughout the day with various jokes about Ford, including placing him in a beauty contest against fictional soap opera character Bobby Ford and Jesse James-killer Robert Ford.
The online mockery comes shortly after Torstar Corp. said it planned to file a complaint with council's integrity commissioner about Ford's exclusion of the Star from official communications.
Ford says he won't deal with the Star until it issues a front-page apology for a 2010 article he says was false. He recently said during a radio interview that Torontonians should read the other three major newspapers in the city, but not the Star.
Ford is not the first prominent Canadian politician to have his name used on the web at his expense. Former New Brunswick premier Bernard Lord and former Liberal MP Don Boudria are among the politicians who have had their names snapped up by web savvy users making a point.
In 2005, comedian Rick Mercer bought www.jasonkenney.org after Conservative MP Jason Kenney called Boudria ignorant for not registering his domain name.
The Mercer-owned site redirected users to the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toronto Star has a conflict with Mayor Rob Ford and he says 'I'm not talking to the Star until they apologize.' Why?
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:47:38 PM    @dandmb50
Toronto, Canada - Way back in 2001 before Rob Ford was elected Mayor he was a high school football coach, accused by the Toronto Star in an article in July 2010. The Star alleged he physically touched a player who was not performing up to his standards. Ford claims it is not true and even launched a libel law suit against The Star, but it was never resolved, because Ford allowed it to lapse.
Toronto Star has been against Rob Ford even while he was a candidate for Mayor, and the one they were endorsing was George Smitherman, who lost the mayoral race and they have just continued to shoot down the newly elected Mayor.

Whenever The Star reports on a story about Ford, they most often tend to use an unflattering picture and any comment sections online are open way longer than any other stories on their website. Usually The Star shuts down the comment section when it reaches about 1-200 comments or a couple of days. But when a story is involves Rob Ford the comments are open for weeks at a time.

In a column last week the Chairman of the Board, John Honderich had some comments on the whole Rob Ford situation and the comments section is still open, Hmmm ... Does that mean The Star does NOT support Rob Ford?
Just a few articles The Star has written about Rob Ford, you be the judge if they have been slanted.
I'm no flag waver for Ford, but he has done what he said he would do, and Stop the Gravy Train. He's made the tough cuts, which no one else was able to do.
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1078106--ford-outsources-business-cards-to-his-family-s-firm#article
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1076717--ford-swore-at-911-dispatcher-report?bn=1#article
story in DJ about Ford with video of shutting out the Star
http://digitaljournal.com/article/315440

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Rob Ford website was not hacked by Toronto Star (but it looks that way)
Anita Li Staff Reporter
Type RobFord.ca into your web browser and you’ll be confronted with something unexpected.
Rather than see a website about the Toronto mayor, visitors are redirected to the domain, http://www.north.ca/redirect/8889.htm, which features a white screen with the words “Rob, we’re sorry!!” in black, printed on the upper portion of the webpage.
The page then redirects some to thestar.com, and others to a Wikipedia page about Robert Newton Ford, a 19th-century American outlaw.
Later in the day, some people trying to access RobFord.ca landed on a web page titled “The Rob(ert) Ford Beauty Contest!” The page showed a photo of the mayor and two other men, with a button beneath each for voting.
The Star is not affiliated with RobFord.ca. The site was registered by the domain name provider Fresh Grape Solutions Inc., and was created on Nov. 16 of this year, according to whois.net, a domain lookup site.
According to whois.net, the north.ca website, was registered by Maser Media Inc. The site is connected to A.M. Gonsalves, who is listed as the administrative and technical contact, and to an address in Brampton.
Ford’s official website with the City of Toronto is http://www.toronto.ca/mayor_ford. His mayoral website is http://www.robfordformayor.ca/.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford declares Dec. 5-10 Caribbean week
680News staff Dec 05, 2011 13:30:01 PM
Mayor Rob Ford is declaring this week Caribbean Week in the City of Toronto.
Organized by the Caribbean Tourism Organization, it's a week that celebrates Caribbean culture and promotes tourism.
It kicks off with the Caribbean diaspora forum Tuesday at the Novotel Toronto Centre.
On Thursday, Carribean cuisine and award-winning rums will be sampled at Andrew Richard Designs downtown, as part of the rum and rhythm event.     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...