Mississauga Enters Step One Of Roadmap To Reopen On Friday
@citymississauga #DeltaVariant #Ontario #Mississauga #covid19
The City of Mississauga will enter Step One of the government of Ontario’s roadmap to reopen on Friday.
“This is fantastic news. I’m excited to work with the Mississauga team to reopen additional services for our residents permitted under Step One,” says Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement. “We know everyone has waited a long time for us to reach this milestone. I’m grateful to the team who will be working very hard over these next few days to safely reopen our outdoor pools, patios, outdoor fitness, and much more. Thank you to the entire Mississauga community for doing their part by listening to the advice of public health and for getting vaccinated. It’s clear that these steps are working and I see a bright future ahead for our city.”
As #Mississauga moves into Step 1 of the Province’s Roadmap to Reopen tomorrow, we will begin opening more outdoor rec amenities for residents.
➡️Celebration Square Wading Pool, opens Friday, June 11, open daily from 10am to 8pm (60 person capacity, no reservations needed) pic.twitter.com/39pZZRynEI
— Bonnie Crombie 🇨🇦 (@BonnieCrombie) June 10, 2021
Under Step One of the reopening framework, the following is permitted:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people
- Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training with up to 10 people
- Outdoor pools
- Day camps for children
- Outdoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres
- Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on goods that can be sold; essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
The full list of what is permitted to open is available here.
Reopened City activities:
- Libraries will reopen computer bookings at Burnhamthorpe, Malton and the pop-up location at the Living Arts Centre on Thursday, June 17.
- Outdoor pools will be open this summer for lane and public swims. Capacity will be limited and participants will be required to reserve online at activemississauga.ca.
- Lion’s Club of Credit Valley Outdoor Pool and Streetsville Outdoor Pool will open on Saturday, June 12 (reservations will open today at 10 a.m. and for bookings five days in advance reservations will be available at 6 a.m.)
- The remaining outdoor pools will open on Saturday, June 19 (reservations available five days in advance at 6 a.m.)
- Celebration Square Wading Pool will open on Friday, June 11 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with capacity limits. Residents waiting to go into the wading pool will be required to line up and ensure they maintain a two-metre distance.
- Outdoor permits for sports fields, outdoor fitness classes, and picnics will be available as of Friday, June 11 for groups limited to 10 patrons (no games or scrimmages permitted). Those interested in booking a permit can contact the Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100.
- Limited outdoor registered programs will begin on Saturday, June 19, including instructional golf, tennis, and fitness with limited capacities. Registrations will be available at activemississauga.ca starting today at 10 a.m.
- Registration for Day Camps with limited capacities continues to be available.
- Both BraeBen and Lakeview golf courses are open.